Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flashback Friday - Remembering Mother

Though I am a day late, having had to deal with a plumber on Friday morning  :-(  and spending the evening with my grandtwins  :-)  , today I am linking up with Deb from Focused on the Magic for Flashback Friday.

This is about as far as I will ever be able to link back to a Disney day, as these photos are all that is left from my first ever visit to any Disney theme park. In fact, when these photos were taken, there was only one Disney theme park - the original Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.

In the years since that day in July, 1968, I have visited Disneyland a few more times, and Walt Disney World in Florida ... well, let's just say ... many times. Before I got married, those trips always included my mom, and even after I was married, she and my dad would meet us in Disney World.

My mom is no longer with us, and with Mother's Day coming tomorrow (ironically, my dad was born on Mother's Day so today we will have a family get together for him and all the mom's in the family), these photos are dedicated to all the good times I had with her.







No comments:

Post a Comment