Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Disney by Sea and Land - Day 6

Day 6 - January 22
Another morning starts with a room service breakfast and a view of the Caribbean from the veranda. Today is a full day at sea, and after breakfast I take my camera and go for a walk while my wife heads to the pool. As I pass the atrium lobby, the diaper derby is getting ready to start, and who should I spot coming to watch the festivities ... still in his pajamas?


When the winner is crowned, I head out on deck to take some pictures. The wind is starting to kick up as I walk around. This is a cold front passing through and will affect us all of today and into tomorrow. However, despite the high winds, I take a nice photo walk around the ship.








This evening we find ourselves back in the Walt Disney Theater for the theatrical production of the evening and then off to dinner at the third of the three main restaurants, Parrot Cay. Once again Sunil and Jane are there to greet us at table 49.

Though windy, tonight presents a spectacular sunset off the stern of the ship, and I am there to photograph it.










As the cold front passes through, the seas get a bit rough, and even the well stabilized Disney Wonder is rocking and rolling. My daughter, her husband and I decide to go up on deck to see what is happening there, and we are in awe of the pool, which has now become quite the wave pool - all the water is running to one side, leaving the other side of the pool empty, and then reversing that procedure! After a stop at the ice cream station, we head back to our rooms and proceed to be rocked to sleep.

Tomorrow we are at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas.



No comments:

Post a Comment